When it comes to realizing your film music-related events, we are happy to advise you about all potential projects. As a concert and production company for film music, the EUROPEAN FILMPHILHARMONIC INSTITUTE has made the genre of film and music a permanent fixture in the programming of concert halls, theatres and opera houses. We would be pleased to advise you on possible projects for the realization of film music events. We offer a wide range of services – from individual modules, such as research and provision of film and music material, to our own complete creative productions of film concerts and film music concerts.
- The centerpiece of our range of services consists of the film concert package, which includes both a print of the respective film and the associated music material. It also includes DVD/video material for rehearsals, PR material and clarification of the performance rights. Furthermore, we provide practical solutions for the technical realization of the cinema projection in your house as well as overseeing its on-site set-up. Depending on your needs, you can either request services on an individual basis or entrust us with the complete coordination of your project.
Film Music Concerts
- The EUROPEAN FILMPHILHARMONIC INSTITUTE develops its own concepts for film music concerts as well as working on commission. For this purpose we identify individual film music titles from music publishers worldwide or negotiate directly with the composers. We compile the titles dramaturgically and make them available as a programme. You can also order individual titles from the FILMPHILHARMONIC EDITION through us. In addition, we have built up our own film music archive and hold various titles that are not available for rent from publishers. To complete the programme, we also create presentation texts for you, in which film historical information is combined with exciting anecdotes about film and music.
PR and Press
- As well as having compiled picture material for numerous projects for press and PR purposes, our team has also written dramaturgical texts to accompany the respective films, music, directors and composers. These texts and pictures are included in the package deals for your use.
- Unique in this form in Europe, the EUROPEAN FILMPHILHARMONIC INSTITUTE has set up an orchestra association that is dedicated to the film and music genre. Its current members are the Deutsche Staatsphilharmonie Rheinland-Pfalz, Hamburger Symphoniker, Norddeutsche Philharmonie Rostock, Staatskapelle Weimar and Ensemble Kontraste. With film music having been a firm fixture in their programme planning for years, all of the forenamed ensembles have gained extensive experience in this genre. These and other ensembles can be booked through us on request.
Symphonic Score Production
- Playing a crucial role in the dramaturgical composition, music significantly enhances the film’s effect. Film music in all different forms is also becoming increasingly popular; in contrast to other music segments, the soundtrack market is actually growing. Nevertheless, there are few institutions in Germany providing professional symphonic orchestras or ensembles for film music recordings. By focussing on the comprehensive organisation of high-quality film music recordings for contemporary cinema and television films, EUROPEAN FILMPHILHARMONIC INSTITUE is helping to fill this gap. The ensembles affiliated with our orchestra association are all available for this purpose.